Sunday, January 15, 2012

Secret Skwirl

My favorite kind of music is from the 1960's and 1970's, although I like today's music too, there was just something about that time that made music wonderful. It could have been what was going on politically and socially at the time, but I think it was a bit more. Secret Skwirl reminds me of the music from those times, but with a modern feel. I am reminded of The Beatles, Chicago, and the older recordings of Pink Floyd when listening to Secret Skwril.


I particularly enjoy the song Jeez Louise. I love the lyric, "What matters more is what your not, than what you are." How true is that? I also love how Jeez Louise has a double meaning. I say jeez louise all the time and never is there really a Louise around. In the song, Jeez Louise is a person, and it could also be refering to the saying. Brilliant, right?


Secret Skwirl is GREAT at what they do. I listened to the album Nothing is Real and fell in love. I rarely find this genre of music anymore, and done so well. Check them out on Twitter, Facebook, and purchase their album on iTunes. I strongly suggest my readers to give them a listen. As I said before, they are a rare band, one that we do not find a lot today, and most enjoyable. Their music, bio, etc. can be found on their website below.

http://secretskwirl.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment