Wednesday, December 24, 2014

2015: A Year of Creativity


Wow, is it really almost the end of 2014? Crazy! This as been one of the best years of my life and I kinda hate to see it end. I'm sure 2015 will be just as great, perhaps better (hopefully), but 2014 is one for the books in my little world!


I saw 4 amazing shows this year. It started with Haim. I discovered them through a recommendation from a friend and became hooked. If you get the chance, see them live...there are no words. Next I got to see a concert I had been wanting to see since 2007. Sara Bareilles. She's amazing live and such an incredible song writer...with the risk of sounding way cheesy and super cliché, it was a fucking dream come true. I also got to see Ingrid Michaelson for the 2nd time (I saw her open for DMB in 2007) and she was great too. But what topped off my concert going for 2014 is an experience I've never quite had. I saw Anna Nalick. Her, a piano player, her guitar, and a mic. That's it. It was outstanding, inspiring, and just fucking awesome!

I slacked on my music blog and basically took about a year, probably longer off. In 2015, I am hoping to start a new kind of blog in this same space. Instead of sticking to just music, I would also like to feature authors, books (reviews), artists, and any other creative thing people are up to. This is where I am asking the readers to help. Do you have someone you know that is a creative "beast" and should be acknowledged for such? Let me know. I am looking to interview and do features on as many people from the creative world as possible. 

Seeing such great live music this year and being so close to finishing my MA in Creative Writing (Dec. 2015), I am incredibly inspired to make 2015 my most creative year to date. I also want to help introduce other artists, writers, musicians, etc. to the world that is my readers! 

I wish everyone the Happiest of Holidays! Here's to a year of creativity in 2015!

Contact info: Brandy Bohm
                      bkbohm29@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment